Brave New Spirits proudly presents our Yellow Edition range. This is an exclusive selection of whiskies specially chosen to reflect the whisky regions of Scotland alongside distillery character. With The Yellow Editions, we aim to present whiskies to delight connoisseurs the world over, whiskies which have a focus on provenance, individuality, quality, and of course flavour.
The Yellow Edition range of whiskies is crafted in small batches with great attention to detail. With regard to taste, we focus on the world’s most famous casks used to mature Scotch whisky. These are the finest quality oak casks from Spain, the USA, France or even further afield, previously used to mature some of the world’s finest sherries, bourbons & wines. The label on each bottle displays the distillery name, information about the cask in which the whisky matured, and how many bottles were produced.
The first releases of Yellow Edition includes 14 wonderful bottles:
• Glen Moray 14 years old (57.2% abv), matured in first fill bourbon barrel (141 bottles in total)
• Highland Park 8 years old (65.5% abv), matured in first fill Bordeaux red wine barrique (269 bottles in total)
• Cameronbridge 12 years old (59% abv), matured in first fill Bordeaux red wine barrique (304 bottles in total)
• Ardmore 16 years old (60.9% abv), heavily peated, matured in bourbon barrels (282 bottles in total)
• Benrinnes 12 years old (54.3% abv), matured in first fill Pauillac wine barrique (252 bottles in total)
• Blair Athol 10 years old (54.1% abv), matured in re-charred wine barrique (305 bottles in total)
• Blair Athol 11 years old (55.2% abv), matured in first fill Bourbon hogshead (248 bottles in total
• Caol Ila 12 years old (56.2% abv), peated, matured in first fill Chateau Lafite Wine Barrique (309 bottles in total)
• Dailuaine 11 years old (50.1% abv), matured in first fill Bourbon hogshead (297 bottles in total)
• Invergordon 25 years old (51.3% abv), matured in Bourbon hogshead (293 bottles in total)
• Linkwood 12 years old (57% abv), matured in first fill oloroso sherry cask (367 bottles in total), exclusively bottled for Smuggler, Switzerland
• North British 13 years old (60.6% abv), matured in first fill Pedro Ximenez sherry hogshead (275 bottles in total)
• Ruadh Maor (Glenturret Distillery) 11 years old (54.4% abv), peated, matured in Bourbon hogshead, (291 bottles in total)
• Teaninich Distillery13 years old (52.4% abv), matured in Bourbon hogshead, (289 bottles in total)
The Yellow Edition range features delights from across the whisky regions of Scotland including the Lowlands, Highlands, Speyside, Islay and the Islands. It offers a diverse range of age statements and a wide array of cask styles in use. We are incredibly lucky to have access to whiskies that are often difficult to come by such as Dailuaine, Teaninich, and Glenturret Ruadh Maor. As an independent bottler our job is to make sure spirit from these distilleries matures in carefully selected casks that allow spirit to display distillery character balanced with perfect maturation and cask influence. We own a vast range of casks, largely due to the passion of Alex our Director. Amongst our inventory, we have some incredibly special casks such as wine barriques from Pauillac and Chateau Lafite, in Bordeaux. These exceptional casks impart a subtle but different influence to the spirit maturing within. This gives our customers the opportunity to enjoy whiskies from familiar distilleries, with a twist and truly memorable flavours.
Yellow Edition offers an ever-changing selection of classic, single cask Scotch Whiskies. A range to explore!
Cask Noir: Launch of Batch #2
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our 2nd batch of Cask Noir single cask releases. Cask Noir are exquisitely curated single cask whiskies from Scotland’s finest distilleries. Cask Noir whiskies start their life in some of Scotland’s finest studios (aka 'distilleries') and each release takes inspiration from classic movies and novels from a bygone era.
International Spirits Challenge 2023: Volume Products' success
Six of our whiskies have been recognised in this year’s International Spirits Challenge (ISC). Medals were given to our Volume Brands Portfolio. We design this range with larger groups and distributors in mind to show that great quality and great value can go hand-in-hand.